Covid-19 Policy at FMW
- Wednesday, 04 March 2020
Following recent government announcement, we are reassuring customers that our clinic is open as normal. We are adhering to Public Health Department for guidance with regards to closures. As a result of Coronavirus and recent development, we are issuing guidelines and advice to protect the health and wellbeing of all our clients and staff at Fulham Massage & Wellness.
If you have been advised to self-isolate, visited a coronavirus affected area, or are displaying symptoms of cough, fever, shortness of breath and believe you may have had contact with somebody with Covid-19 we advise that you not attend your massage appointment. Please speak with our receptionist as soon as possible to make alternative plans. We are flexing our cancellation policy for anyone who needs to cancel or reschedule for health reasons. While we will miss you at the clinic, we will look forward to seeing you again when you’re fully rested.
At Fulham Massage & Wellness, we have introduced new protocols to improve hygiene - you and our staff health and safety are our number one priority. Here are some additional preventative measures we took:
- - new waterproof and tear-proof couch covers
- - new, specially designed face towels with collar preventing any possible face contact with anything but a clean fresh surface
- - all linen that you get in contact with is freshly washed at high temperature and will also be washed after you
- - hand sanitiser points throughout the clinic - we ask you to clean your hands as you enter the clinic
- - we highly recommend and practice no handshake policy
- - our therapists wash their hands inside and outside treatment rooms
- - any surfaces that could be touched by you are being cleaned with antibacterial products in between treatments
- - our staff is requested not to come to work if they are showing symptoms of any illnesses
Fulham Massage & Wellness will continue to run to our strict hygiene and cleanliness standards and we have implemented the above steps to minimise the risk of spreading. Receiving massage in a professional clinical environment is safe when the right hygienic measures are followed.
What can you do to help your immune system fighting the virus:
- - wash your hands
- - get quality sleep - your body needs it to stay strong and reboot all its bodily systems
- - exercise - go to the park, enjoy walks or runs - it will strengthen your immunity
- - enjoy a well-balanced diet that includes plenty of water - water has detoxifying purposes
- - introduce vitamin supplements to boost your health
- - receive a massage treatment in a professional and hygienic environment - massage cleanses the body and helps to re-balance it. It can also help to release stress that Covid-19 is causing in our lives.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will update you on any changes.
Fulham Massage & Wellness
NHS prevention advice:
How to avoid catching or spreading germs.
There are things you can do to help stop viruses like coronavirus spreading.
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately
- wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell