How can you make sure you get a good massage?
- Wednesday, 17 August 2016
At Fulham Massage & Wellness we are very conscientious about creating the conditions for the people of West London to have a great massage. We understand that every time a client tries a new massage venue or therapist there is a risk involved in being dis-satisfied with the experience.
We also understand that the need to get a ‘massage fix’ can often coincide with a time of stress, tiredness or pain. The last thing you need is to have to worry about whether the massage will be a good investment of your time and money.
That is where we are here to help. We believe passionately in massage and ensuring that the key components of a great massage exist, before you even pick up the phone to book your massage appointment.
- Trust: We only recruit the best massage therapists in London who have the qualifications and knowledge to safely treat the musculoskeletal system. We often train new therapists for months before they begin, investing our time and energy to deliver the highest standard of massage for the people of Fulham and Parsons Green.
- Safety: In order to receive the best effects of massage, you must feel safe enough to relax – otherwise your muscles will not let go no matter what pressure is used! Our rooms are clean and secure and our therapists are skilled in listening to you and your body to understand the safe limitations of how far today’s massage can go.
- Intuition: All of our massage therapists can be described as ‘having the touch’ and their hands can intuitively find the part of your body that needs to be massaged with the perfect pressure. We have found that you either have it or you don’t – sometimes it needs a bit of developing.
- Matching: We take care to find out what you would like from your massage session before matching you with the most suitable therapist to give you the best outcome. If you want a sports massage in Fulham today, we will discuss with you the best massage therapist to see and give you their availability. Likewise, we’ll ask if you would prefer a male/female therapist, the type of pressure enjoyed, particular aches or pain and match you accordingly.
- Ease: You’ll only get the best benefits from your massage if you don’t have to move mountains to get there. Our massage centre has an excellent location on New King Street with easy access to Parsons Green and Putney Bridge tube stations. We’re also within easy reach of Wandsworth Bridge, Chelsea and Hammersmith for anyone who wants effective and enjoyable massage. We open our massage clinic around you and your lifestyle by opening until 10pm Monday to Friday and 9am-6.15pm Saturday and Sunday.
- Enjoyment: Our philosophy is to provide effective and enjoyable massage treatments. We believe that even the deepest massage with a remedial focus can provide a sense of enjoyable relief. Unfortunately there is a common belief in the massage world that there is “no gain without pain”. We believe that if it is too painful, you won’t be able to fully relax the affected muscles to get the desired outcome from the treatment. You can still get the deep pressure you enjoy, as long as the therapist works the soft tissues slowly enough to allow them to melt as opposed to forcing them to release.
- Professionalism: After years of practicing as massage therapists, Agata and Fran have designed the structure of Fulham Massage & Wellness to protect our massage therapists from doing too many massages a day. We believe in balance, correct application and break times for massage therapists, which ensure that you always get the best of them and they enjoy their work more. We hold regular in house training sessions and with a physiotherapist always to hand, our massage therapists are continually refining their skills so that you can get the massage you deserve.
- Education: It is reported that Albert Einstein said “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results”. We believe in empowering our clients to learn about their body and become aware of the postures, habits and behaviours that contribute to the build-up of tension and pain. We aim to support our clients by re-educating their muscles, ligaments and tendons to behave in the way that they were designed. This can considerably reduce the amount and frequency of discomfort. We are also aware that life stressors can continue to occur and find that a monthly ‘rebooting’ can enhance the lives of our clients, and everyone that they come into contact with, helping the people of Fulham live life to the fullest!